Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Information or Fun Overload...

Just spent a great 5 days. Different activities but fun non the less...

Grey Cup Activities:  Adrenaline Zone Zip Lining, Pancake Breakfast from the Calgary Stampeders, Bands, Dancing, Laughing, Walking, Great Bakery, Parade, Smiling, Lobster Hat Wearing.

Then a milestone birthday: visits with good friends, and a great Floyd Elsinga Sculpture from my husband. http://www.floydelzinga.com  He is currently displaying at the "One of a Kind Christmas Show" at the Direct Energy Building in Toronto at the Grounds of the Exhibition.

I will post a shot of my sculpture when it is hung.

Then Yesterday I went to the "One of a Kind Christmas Show" mainly to visit my friend Lisa Skog who is a Raku Artist.   http://www.oneofakindshow.com/toronto/artisans.php?



   
               

It was great to see her work displayed! If you go say hi to her from me!

The show is on until Sunday December 2, 2012

My friend I went with and I tried on hats.

I loved this one the best.


After all this activity my mind is swirling with ideas.

Time to concentrate and write some of it down before it is all gone.

Jo


id=521053&c=2

2 comments:

MulticoloredPieces said...

Just came over from Studio78notes blog to enjoy yours. At first I read the URL as "these-wing-geek" and I couldn't figure out what that meant. Ok, now I got it, "the sewing geek". You pose some interesting questions in your blog, like the one about making lists to qualify yourself as an artist. Well, that's not a bad thing, you know, if that's what it takes to motivate you. I have a list in my head (same pretty much every day so that makes it easy), then I write lists on my e-calendar of what needs to be done. But the best for me is the blog--very useful to motivate finishing. And I think you're on the right track since you resigned from your job, which takes a lot of courage. Congratulations!
Have a happy holiday season! I enjoyed the visit.
best from Tunisia,
nadia

Jo Vandermey said...

lol about the name... some others have had problems reading it too!
I choose the name because I love anything about sewing and I also am fascinated about anything techie and like sci-fi. So the sewing geek seemed appropriate.
My last day of work is Monday! Now to motivate myself to stay off the computer and actually work.
Thanks for dropping by!