Monday, November 19, 2012

Book Review ...

I bought another book a couple of months ago.

After seeing Kristal Wick on You Tube

I was interested in reading her book. Can't get stuff like this at my local library so I  did the Chapters thing and treated myself.... again.


- read less
Fabulous Fabric Beads: Create Custom Beads and Art JewelryFabulous Fabric Beads: Create Custom Beads and Art Jewelry

Interweave Press, LLC | September 1, 2008 | Trade Paperback

A spectacular combination of beading, scrapbooking, fiber arts, and mixed-media techniques, this amazing handbook describes how to create 30 handcrafted beads from rolled tubes of silk, muslin, or ribbon. With more than 20 easy embellishment techniques incorporating glitter, paint, crystals, or wire, these projects result in stunning beads that can be created with inexpensive and readily available supplies and tools described in this guide. Detailed discussions on choosing appropriate fabrics and creating a variety of surface designs are coupled with well-documented instructions on how to cut, roll, dip, and dry collage beads, and how to cover inexpensive wooden and plastic beads to easily achieve different shapes. Additional sidebars and tips include bonus information on selecting successful color palettes and 10 simple stringing techniques.




And Here is my Review.... I put on Chapters 

I first saw Kristal Wick on You Tube via the beading show. 
I had seen in some books and online fabric beads but they were not what I wanted to use in a project. 
Kristal shows how to make beads that are a great addition to your jewelry making toolbox. 
Out of remnant fabric and some glue you can make beads that no one would know that they are not "real beads. 
These beads can not only be used in jewelry but also art quilts and other design places like as the centre of a fabric flower and more. 
Kristal show many different colour ways and styles of projects that will spark anyone's imagination to continue to make interesting designs. 
I would recommend this book to fabric artists and jewelry designers for the simple steps to make the beads and the great use of colour and showing what can be done with fabric beads. 

2 comments:

elle said...

ooh, oh! This does look like I may have make an order. ;^)

Jo Vandermey said...

Remember I am not responsible for your adding to your collection...
What is your favorite books?