Friday, February 14, 2014

Do you hate having pins stick into you?

I hate having pins stick into me!

That is why I was so interested in buying some Pinmoors. Which look like a great product but are fairly expensive at $17.50 for 50 . Pinmoor's

Pinmoor's are probably a much better long term solution to my temporary solution as they look like a more dense and would hold the pin more securely. The next time I am going to visit my sister I will have to order a package to see how they compare with my local hardware store find.


1 role of foam "caulking" This caulking - as I understand - goes into the crack first and then the regular caulking goes over it to seal a door, window, etc. 

 For less the $6 dollars I got this roll. Which I cut up with my regular scissors into 1.5 cm sizes. 


And you stick the pin into the foam to stop the pin poke you. 



I then took a flower vase I had and through the pins and foam into a container. 


Leah Day of   freemotionquilting shows how to use P'inmoors when she is free motion quilting. 

I know my hardware store foam things will not be as good. But for now they will work. 

Have you used Pinmoor's or foam caulking? 

Jo

6 comments:

elle said...

What an idea!

Regina said...

Fantastic idea to use caulking strips, I cut up my (now adult) kids' eraser collection .....

Jo Vandermey said...

Not my original idea. I can't remember where I saw or heard of it... cyber land somewhere.

Jo Vandermey said...

Good idea about the eraser collection. Do they crumble at all?

Chantal Thibodeau said...

So, finally, how is it working ? I have made some out of leftovers from a craft game my kids receiveid at Xmas. It is not dense as the real ones, sometimes some of them are falling while I am quilting but it is much more faster than using regular pins.

Jo Vandermey said...

Chantal
The foam caulking ones probable don't work as well as the real ones.
The do sometimes fall off. But I am getting less pin pricks when I use them and it is much easier then safety pins. It is also easier for my arthritic hands.
I will have to try the real ones sometime.