Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Instead of....

Instead of getting ready for work...
I put in my resignation about 5 weeks ago... It is good. I need time to take care of me and my family.
But instead of going in to my soon to be not my work...
I was reading blogs...
This is good and bad...
Bad because so much time goes by and nothing is done.
Good because I read Kit Lang's post of today.
I have never met Kit in person but I love her blog. http:www//kitlangfiberart.blogspot.ca

Her post today was about what she was doing while she is recovering from being under the weather...
And her word for 2012 was "Intention"

In your art work how much should be intention and how much just play?
I suppose it depends on your goals and skills.
I have always thought I have to make something functional... practical...
Now that I am trying to develop my art skills (and sometimes it is not pretty lol) I want to be intentional but I also want it to be fun....

So I am borrowing if I may from Kit's 2012 word "Intentional" and adding "Play and I think 2013 will be the year of "Intentional Play"
That sounds fun and practical...

Thanks Kit - your blog inspires me! 

This is a picture taken a few weeks ago when I was in Intercourse, PA and my husband let me loose in this store.... My bag came out with lots of batiks and some white Kona cotton for me to dye and play with. 
I am sure I will get some Intentional Play done with this! 
This was a great store. Beautiful fabrics, great prices and a quilt museum on the 2nd floor. 

TTFN

3 comments:

elle said...

Intentional Play! YES! Sounds very much like you and Kit have things well in hand!

Kit Lang said...

But I don't know yet what my 2013 word will be. I think I have to do my 2012 "year in review" post to figure it out. :)

Thanks for mentioning my blog, I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Rayna said...

The whole idea of intention/intent is an interesting one. I know one well-known quilt artist who insists that nothing good can come out of not having intent when you start working. Bah, humbug! But intentional play sounds perfect to me!