Posts

Showing posts from September, 2011

Make it Monday Turned to Tuesday...

Image
I have been playing around with making my own stamps so that my designs can be my own.

I have started with leaves from my back yard. Scanned them, traced them, then put them onto fun foam...
I then scratched the design in with a needle.

I learned this in Alisa Burke's  -  Beneath the Surface class. http://alisaburke.blogspot.com/

What a lot of information! It was amazing!!!

This was the result of my experiment...


The three leaves in the centre were done with my new leaf stamp and acrylic paints Then I did some stitching on the stamped leaves. The branch is an applique and then couched sari silk on top.
I attached two leaves that I stitched veins on the  leaves to match the stamped leaves. Then I put wonky boarders with some of my favorite scraps...
This was a finish on Sat. so this is what I made last week....
I can't wait to try more of Alisa techniques.
Jo

Made it Monday...

Image
I don't just sew...
I have to find portable projects that I can work on in the car, for watching TV with my family or when visiting with friends at the cottage like we did again this weekend.
It is absolutely wonderful that we have such good friends to spend time together at the lake.
This weekend I made these fingerless mittens for my DD and started a pair of my own.
The pattern is a Churchmouse Classic http://www.churchmouseyarns.com which I purchased at my local favorite yarn and quilting store http://www.stitchonline.ca. The yarn for the finished pair was from left over yarn that I made a hat and a scarf for my daughter. I doubled the yarn because it was quite a bit thinner than this green wool. The green wool is so soft!
So now I have made two pairs of these gloves for DD and I have almost finished the first glove in my own pair.
I also make some stamps out of fun foam and can't wait to try them.
And I did about 10 blocks of my nieces quillow in between loads of laundry …

A Finish!!!!!

Image
I started this top 2 years ago for my ds1 for his room. My dd complained she had to wait for hers until she went to university. She actually pieced her quilt herself and I hand quilted it the summer she was to leave for university...
I was not going to get caught again with finishing it just in time....  So the top was pieced and life happened.  I decided to machine quilt this quilt due to time and the fact that it will probably hold up to the use my son will give it. He is harder on his things then my daughter...  So true to form this was finished at midnight the night before he left.  My baby off to University. It will be an adjustment this fall....  Two out of the house and the third busy with his life.  But this is good... 
Here is the finish of the quilt and the start of a new adventure for son and mom....