Thursday, November 16, 2017

Whats coming up.....

It has been a few weeks since posting....

First I have been off running about Houston Quilt Market and Festival...



This was an awe inspiring, exhausting and exhilterating trip! 

It was to see new things, get new ideas, and see... 
My Paternal Great Grandmothers quilt hang. She made it for her sister in 1908 for her wedding. 

And to see this quilt my daughter Anne and I made to honour the two sisters.

The pattern of the blocks is an uneven nine patch called Garden of Eden. Perfect name considering the sisters Jessie and Min grew up on the family farm that is still in our family today in the Niagara Region of Ontario Canada.

In Houston the quilts hung proudly in the ....

which has been a focus of attention for us for the past year or more. 


And now we learn that this exhibit will be going on to hang in the Canadian Embassy Art Program for the next year or so. 

All this was the brain child of my Friends Leslie Prokop and Shelley Dehaye Turner. To them I am very thankful to them for all the hard work they have done to get the exhibit to Houston! 

And here are my daughter Anne and I pousing in front of the quilts in Houston. 



Such an honour! 

I have been super busy since I have got home. But more of that later... for now I am rushing out the door once again. But I wanted to hook up to needleandthreadnetwork and finally have made the weekly deadline. 

This has opened new and wonderful worlds for me. And I would love to share them with you! 



No comments: