Saturday, January 23, 2016

How can January be almost done.... a note of my intentions this year

January has gone by in a flurry... in Southern Ontario this can mean lots of snow but this year is certainly not been as snowy as some.

Planning my future.... well I have been working on that. Getting into the creative lair has been a bit of a challenge. First I had to find the floor... and surface areas. But I have a loose plan.

I am starting to make my jewelry again. Before Christmas I gave most of it away because I wanted to see if people liked it. I had a very positive response from my test group,  aka friends and family. So I have been encouraged to pick up the tools and create.

I have wanted to do a year long project. But I haven't been able to figure out what I want to do. It has to involve hand stitching to make a portable project and a project I can do in front of TV and with others in the room. Last night I figured out I am going to try a new stitch a week from Sharon B's Pin Tangle website. She has a stitch along, years of material and seems to be a very generous stitch. Phenomenal resource! Part one of the week will be to test the stitch and Part two will be to use the stitch on a leaf design. The weekly leaf is an idea I saw on Linda McLaughlin's site   notes from studio b She has such an inspirational site.

Work on my art work. I am starting a series called layers. I am using strips of fabric from my precious collection of hoarded saved scraps to build bases.  Then I am going to build on them something that inspires me in my world. This is a way to get my 10, 000 hours of practice in to develop my skills. (And no I am not counting hours....)


On the technical end of my life I am working on my skills on my mac, organizing my large collection of photos, continuing my exploration of photo shop, and learning to use my silhouette cutter. Also my mid arm Tierra is getting fired up.

In the traditional realm. I am going to work on my WIP's as I feel moved to. But priorty on my son and daughter in laws quilt

So it will be a busy year. Committing it to my blog makes it seem over welming but progress is what counts.

Jo

Also Check Out what the Fabrigos did on there road trip this month. Fabrigos

No comments: