Monday, June 11, 2012

A few things on the go....

Been busy with lots! Family all home for the summer, work, play, etc. The spring has played havoc with my joints.

Best news is my DS1 is engaged to a wonderful girl. So a wedding next year!

On the sewing/quilting front I finally finished a queen size top that my daughter and I have been working on for awhile. It is for a great couple who have been patiently waiting for it for a year.

This is it before borders. I need to take it to be basted and then it will be hand quilted by my daughter and I this summer.

I also did a table runner with my local quilt guild. I love it and it is in my living room.


It is a spiral table runner using the 9 or 10 degree ruler.

Working on an art piece for my Fiber Arts group and a joint show being put on in the fall with 3 other groups. http://www.fibrations.org/ This should be a real stretch for me. I have been mulling in my mind of what to do and I have the basic structure in place. It is a piece that will be the first part of a series for me based on my family history and my art. (note to self: take pictures.)

I love to many quilting forms - traditional and art quilting. For now I will just go with what brings me joy!




No comments: