Thursday, November 4, 2010

Wow. I am insprired...

Busy fall. Every weekend filled with commitments. Care giving - kids, parents, friends. 25th wedding celebration. Porcupines under the cottage. Computer crashes galore. etc.

But some of the commitments are coming to a close.

Here is some of what I have been up to.
Art Quilts - I made four. This is my Mr. Gecko. The gecko was hand painted. The quilting does not show up well. I have to learn how to take better pictures. But the whole thing was machine quilted on my home machine. The tiles are made by my friend a Raku Potter - Lisa Skog.
I love this foray into the art quilt world.
Here are the other three pieces made for a September show.


All of these should be rotated to the right orientation but I am having problems with my arthritis  in my hands and I guess I am to lazy to care right now.

I sold the piece with the oriental tiles. And there was some interest in a show at a local gallery.

Friday afternoon and Saturday are mine to play. ( I do have a commitment for part of the day ) I cleared the surfaces in the "Room of Gloom and Dispare" aka. my sewing room so I can work.

I have my new computer up and running. In goes my videos, teaching lectures or podcasts.

Also I won a draw from Stash Manicure for 21 fat quarters from Riley Blakes Hooty Hoot. Now I wonder what
I will make with that?????

On another note here is another fun picture. 25 years ago I was married.



and Saturday night my friends made my DD try on my dress.




I
I think my daughter is worried that 1. I once had a skinny waist too and 2. I will make her wear this dress.
Don't worry DD I won't make you wear it. I pressure future grandchildren instead.

1 comment:

Madame Samm said...

First great pic...wow...I just wanted to run in the water and take a nice long swim to the other side....
And will you look at the 2 of you..how beautiful ...and Anne with your dress on is absolutely priceless....she is sew much like you..I had no idea how much....till I saw your pic when younger...gorgeous all of you still ..great post