Wednesday, April 15, 2009

To work, to work and quilt guild!!!

I need to buckle down to work today. It is crunch time. Things need to be done before I head off to pick up DS.
So today will be spent doing laundry, working on book work, taking my MIL to an appointment, and finishing costumes.

Costume fitting went well yesterday. The kids seemed to be excited that they were finally getting to see their costumes. It is great to see the buzz and excitement of a new play. The kids spend months rehearsing and the date of the actual production is near. I am sorry that I have not had more time to devote to the school production this year. I just love it!!!

I hope today to get a few moments to work on my BOM for my local quilt store. They have one of those go in and pick up your block once a month programs and as long as you finish the block then you don't have to pay any more. Well I keep having good intentions by life plans change things on me. I don't really mind paying for the block when something comes up that is important. But it does bother me that I haven't had time to do the block in the month. Or that other things take precedent.

I really need to work on balancing my life.

I think my kids are finally getting that I can't be super mom. They are pitching in to help. I just have to remember to ask them nicely instead of waiting until I explode.(Nice picture eh!)

I get to go to quilt guild tonight !! I really enjoy getting to have an evening out with my mom and going to the quilt guild. I don't think it is the quilt guild so much as spending time with my mom in something that we both enjoy. It can be quite amusing listening to my mom's commentary at these things. Mom is very practical. She is practical in all areas of her life. The wife of a farmer who has worked along side of her husband for over fifty years. All though the lean years. Spending money on fabric just to have fabric has not been her thing. It has not been possible.
So in comes guild night where most speakers and people who show their quilts who do not mind spending on their hobby. So Mom (who is practical) + quilter's(who spend allot of money on their hobby just because.....) = a hilarious commentary. Sometimes it is annoying but most of the time it is very enjoyable.

Today I just have to remember to gether done!

No comments: