Wednesday, June 1, 2011

dying fabric

Took my second dyeing class from Colourvie  colourvie in Toronto on Sat.
It was great fun.
Gunnel is so helpful and upbeat. She is wonderfully generous with her knowledge and workshop supplies. If she doesn't know the answer she is into experimentation.
You come home with usable fabric.
It is an easy system to clean up and do at home and doesn't smell!

Here are some pic's
Rubber stamp for leaves, gold dye paint for stems, flowers a wooden stamp, center of flowers dots of gold dye paint. 


 Making our own stamps with fun foam shapes and wooden blocks. 

Making our own stamps with softoleum or softkut or linoleum and a cutter tool. 
 




Fabric I will print on trying different techniques. 
I had a great day!

Now to get back to my sewing room. It has been painted and things are going back in. I am going through everything before it goes back in and the things going out are going to my son's garage sale to raise money for a trip to Korea this summer to teach English through VBS.

What fun to clean up stuff and help him too!

I am hoping June gets me back to sewing. If not I have July vacation at the cottage! Two weeks of rest, reading, sewing and being with my hubby.

For now back to life as mom, bookkeeper and fundraiser for son's trip.


2 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I did some similar dyeing a few years ago, your results are beautiful! Seeing yours makes me want to get out the dyes and stamps again. Your "moving out" method of cleaning/organization is such a win-win for everyone. Well done!

Jo Vandermey said...

Thank you so much!
I just made a summer fun purse with the fabric and working on a art piece with another. I just have to get rid of my job and my kids... although I love my kids and I hope they are around for a long time.